"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,
as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms."
• 1 Peter 4:10 •

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Busy...but still thrifting & creating!

Goodness gracious, time has flown by these past few months. How is it JUNE already? And HOW have we come to the 2nd-to-last day of school for my kids? Oh boy. I always feel like my life is a tad bit chaotic during the school year...and then summer rolls around. Thus begins the workdays that start at 9pm and wrap up around, oh, 1-2:00am depending on the day. Such is life, though.

In other news - I found a ridiculously cool & fun birthday present for myself at a thrift store. Can you even believe that a) someone would get rid of this -and- b) they were practically giving it away for a whopping $39? I mean, c'mon, you can't buy a cheap piece-o-junk particle board end table at Target for $39. Yes, I realize some of you think I'm crazy, but believe me - this MADE my day! :) And the icing on the cake was that my husband actually agreed to let me put this in the house - ha! Impressive.



Switching gears yet again - I just finished wrapping up some of my cute 'lil dishcloths to give as part of our "end-of-the-year" gifts to all the wonderful teachers/paras/therapists that work with my munchkins at school. Have I mentioned how incredibly blessed our family has been over the past 5-6 years with amazingly gifted staff members who have poured their hearts and souls into our kids? Well, to say we're blessed is a gigantic understatement. Hopefully my giving them a dishrag and some Bath & Body Works soap (and a Caribou Coffee gift card to help minimize the "let's do chores" feel of the gift) will not make them feel like they need to go wash dishes all summer...but who doesn't love yummy smelling soap and a fun, new dishrag!?!?!

To keep with my random theme of this post...I have to share my birthday invitations I did for my kids (in Feb. & May). These were SO fun to create....and the kids love them!!








Time to sign off - have a great summer everyone and I'll try to update a bit more regularly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment